Skip to content
Promoting health in the community
Studies and analyses
- Producing county health and wellbeing reviews.
- Carrying out surveys and analyses to assess the health determinants of local populations.
- Publishing data on localities in the Health Statistics and Health Research Database.
Health promotion and prevention
- Influencing health policy and legislation.
- Supporting evidence-based planning for health and well-being in municipalities and counties, including the development of health and well-being profiles.
- Developing and evaluating methodologies and interventions for health promotion and prevention activities in municipalities and counties.
- Supporting the implementation of local public health action plans and network development activities at county and municipality level.
- Working with local health promotion professionals and networks.
- Organising the work of the community health promotion expert group.
Training and information activities
- Providing training and supervision to the network of community health promoters.
- Providing training and advice to decision-makers, policy-makers and professionals in municipalities and counties.
- In cooperation with the Estonian Health Insurance Fund, the Ministry of Social Affairs, the WHO and other partners, we organise an annual health promotion conference.
- Developing guidelines and supporting their implementation through training and counselling.
- Communicating local health promotion on the website www.terviseinfo.ee.