The e-health information system or e-health or eHIS is the Estonian digital central system between healthcare providers. The healthcare institutions that have joined the e-health system transmit there medical episodes (epicrisis) and other medical records to exchange information with each other.
The eHIS as a database has been established by the Health Services Organization Act (see Chapter 51. "Health Information System").
In the eHIS, health-related data is processed, inter alia, for keeping medical registries and compiling health statistics.
The purpose of introducing a new data source is the transition from the collection of health care providers’ aggregated data to the use of personal health data for statistical purposes. This will reduce the reporting burden on data providers, provide more diverse and detailed statistics to data users and improve the quality of health statistics.
For this purpose, we regularly evaluate the data quality of the eHIS.
- Dental Care Data in the Health Information System, 2016
- Comparison between the number of inpatient care and day care discharges on the basis of the data from Health Information System and National Institute for Health Development
- Family doctor’s offices’ outpatient consultations data in the e-health system, 2015
- Time of submitting the inpatient and day care epicrises to the Health Information System in 2015
- Data comparison of the Health Information System and regular health statistics. III analysis
- Data comparison of the Health Information System and regular health statistics. II analysis
- Estonian eHealth data quality and suitability for national statistics